Thoughts on Tab Design
• Print one side only because studies
show people rarely see or use the printing on the back side of the tab.
• Edge Reinforcing when there are
holes - highly recommended for strengthening the binding edge thereby adding
• Coloured mylar should be used on
white stock only as the colour changes when applied to a coloured stock.
• Coloured mylar when applied over
coloured ink changes the printed colour.
• Black printing with coloured mylar
is recommended over printing with a coloured ink and applying clear mylar.
• Body copy is rarely noticed when
printed on the front of the divider. However, the back of the divider is
always seen when the first page of the section is viewed.